Types of Information We May Collect
Information you provide directly to us: You do not have to identify yourself to use the Site. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or contact us directly:
- Contact information, such as email address
- Correspondence you send to us
Information we collect automatically: We may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Site, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet
- Websites you visited before and after visiting the Site
- Web pages you view and links you click on within the Site
- Information collected through cookies and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a small data file that is stored on your computer when you visit websites. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the websites you visit to recognize the same browser online.
- Standard server log information
How We Use the Information We Collect
We only use payment information to complete a particular transaction, fulfill a service, or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you news and information about PFM
- Analyze the use of the Site and information about visitors to the Site to understand and improve our Site and service offerings
- Systems administration and troubleshooting
- Customize the content you see when you visit the Site
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
Whether We Disclose the Information We Collect
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you. We may disclose information we collect in the following circumstances:
- Third-party associates. We share your information with third-party associates who help us with specialized services, such as customer support, email message deployment, analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purposes. We also may share statistical information about our users with third-party associates.
- Third-party partners. We may share your information with other organizations with similar objectives and viewpoints for the purpose of advancing our own mission.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of the Site, a merger or consolidation, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, to comply with other legal obligations.
- Otherwise with your consent.
How To Exercise Choice
You may choose to enjoy certain content and features on the Site without directly providing us with your information. If you do not want to receive promotional e-mails from the PFM or our third-party associates, you will be able to express this preference by contacting us at email@example.com. We will take reasonable steps to remove your name from our marketing lists when we receive your request. However, you will need to contact any third-party associates who send you promotional information directly in order to opt-out of the messages they send.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. The Site is not intended to solicit personal information of any kind from children under 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a user under the age of 13 as part of the Site, we will promptly delete such information from our records.
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. In general, access to user data is limited only to those persons and organizations necessary to its proper functioning. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.